The Region of Western Macedonia and The Green Tank co-organize the workshop “Energy Communities: Local authorities, enterprises and citizens make Just Transition reality”.
The workshop will be held at the Amphitheatre “Konstantinos Karamanlis”, at the main building of the Region of Western Macedonia, on September, 22 2022, at 10:00-14:00.
Energy Communities are an integral part of Just Transition. They constitute a valuable tool to promote the active participation of citizens in the sustainable shift of the production and energy models, and enhance the competitiveness of small and medium entrepreneurship in Western Macedonia. Therefore, the development of Energy Communities with the cooperation of local authorities, entrepreneurs and citizens in the coming years will significantly determine the future of the transition.
The aim of the workshop is to inform all interested parties about the prerequisites for the establishment and operation of Energy Communities, as well as, the available national and European funds. As the approval of the Territorial Just Transition Plans and the Just Development Transition Plan 2021-2027 has been announced, it is important to highlight the practical steps for the establishment of the Energy Communities, in order to achieve the best possible use of resources for the benefit of local communities.
Participants of the workshop include:
- George Kasapidis, Regional Governor of Western Macedonia: Initiatives and objectives of the Region of Western Macedonia through the Energy Communities.
- Nikos Mantzaris, The Green Tank: Just Transition and Energy Communities
- Ioanna Theodosiou, The Green Tank: Energy Communities in Practice
- Olga Karvela, EYD- DAM: Energy Communities in the Just Development Transition Plan 2021-202
- Eleni Chouli, Green Fund: The Green Fund resources for Just Transition
- Antonis Chatzidiamantis, Local and Regional Development Advisor: Preparing Energy Communities to use the funds of the new programming period
- Grigoris Tsioumaris, Vice Governor of Just Developmental Transition: Development of support mechanisms for Energy Communities – A proposal of the Region to the Life Programme
- Lefteris Ioannidis, Energy Communities Network OFELOS: Citizens’ experience of Energy Communities in Western Macedonia.
The discussion will be moderated by journalist Socrates Moutidis and will be followed by a discussion with the audience.